Surfing Tips For Beginners
Surfing Tips for Beginners
Surfing is a fun and healthy way to stay active while enjoying your Hawaii vacation. If you're just learning, here are some tips for beginner surfers to help you get enjoy your surfing experience.
1. Don't learn to surf all by yourself. - When you're still learning to surf, it's best to go with an experienced friend to teach you or sign up for a surfing lesson.
2. Find a spot with fewer people around - Popular surf spots are frequented by a lot of more experienced surfers. If you're just starting out, find somewhere that isn't too crowded but is beginner friendly for surfers so you can learn without running into too many surfers.
3. Try a soft-top surfboard - Soft-top surfboards is a great entry-level board. When you’re just learning, your board is inevitably going to hit you but with a soft top will be gentler to your feet and bottom.
4. Always use a surf leash - This is not just a tip but a very important safety requirement when surfing. A surf leash can potentially save your life, so make sure you always use it, even when it may feel like it's getting in the way when you're just starting out.
5. Warm up - Make sure you warm up your body before you enter the water. Stretching out your muscles and tendons will decrease the chances of muscle cramps and it will also increase your heart rate. Giving your blood more oxygen to help you get into action.
Click here to sign up for our surfing lessons.
Back to the top
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- About Waikiki Beach Activities
Waikiki Beach Activities (WBA). Our name says it all. Since the late 80's WBA has grown to be one of the largest beach services in Waikiki. Our home is in the Hilton Hawaiian Village Beach Resort & Spa, the largest beach resort in the Pacific and it is truly a village on the beach that is the home of Duke Paoa Kahanamoku, the father of International Surfing and the Official Ambassador of Aloha. Our motto is Safety, Service and Sales. More...
- Book Now! - Activities Reservation
BOOK NOW! Book your activity, tour and lessons today! Reservations are secured on a first come, first serve basis. Get your request today.
- Photo Gallery & Video Gallery
View some photos of our facilities and activities.
- Beach Activity Packages
Have beach party right at the beach!
- Beach Activities, Tours, Lessons
View a list of different types of beach activities we offer.
- Beach Equipment, Beach Umbrellas & Lounges Rental
View a list of different types of beach equipment we offer
- Waikiki Beach Activities Testimonials
Here is what some of our customers have to say.