Remembering these simple snorkeling etiquette will help make your snorkeling experience and enjoyable one for both yourself and others around you.
1. Do No Touch Coral - While they look like rocks, corals are beautiful and fragile living creatures.
Removing or touching a coral with your fins or hands can cause damage to their protective mucous layer which negatively affect the health of the coral. When in shallow waters, over a reef, try laying on your back or treading water when you need to take a break.
2. Don't Harass Sea Life - While enjoying the beautiful sea life below you, remember that you are a visitor to these creature's homes. So don't get too close to them and make sure to give them lots of space.
3. Don't Touch Anything - Similar to rule # 1, another thing to remember is to avoid touching anything as it may be poisonous or dangerous to touch. Picking up cone shells may be deadly as they have stingers that can extend for several inches. Keep an eye out for jellyfish or Portuguese Man-O-War as their stings can be very painful as well.
4. Don't Feed the Fish - Feeding fish may cause harm to the natural ecosystem in the area. So while you find fish food being sold at snorkel rental shops, it's best not to considering feeding the sea life.
Back to the top
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- About Waikiki Beach Activities
Waikiki Beach Activities (WBA). Our name says it all. Since the late 80's WBA has grown to be one of the largest beach services in Waikiki. Our home is in the Hilton Hawaiian Village Beach Resort & Spa, the largest beach resort in the Pacific and it is truly a village on the beach that is the home of Duke Paoa Kahanamoku, the father of International Surfing and the Official Ambassador of Aloha. Our motto is Safety, Service and Sales. More...
- Book Now! - Activities Reservation
BOOK NOW! Book your activity, tour and lessons today! Reservations are secured on a first come, first serve basis. Get your request today.
- Photo Gallery & Video Gallery
View some photos of our facilities and activities.
- Beach Activity Packages
Have beach party right at the beach!
- Beach Activities, Tours, Lessons
View a list of different types of beach activities we offer.
- Beach Equipment, Beach Umbrellas & Lounges Rental
View a list of different types of beach equipment we offer
- Waikiki Beach Activities Testimonials
Here is what some of our customers have to say.