Snorkeling Safety Tips
Snorkeling Safety Tips
Snorkeling is a great activity to experience while in Hawaii. To ensure that you have a great time in the water, here are some safety tips to remember.
1. Check ocean conditions. Before heading into the water, it's best to find out how the ocean conditions are for the day. Ask a lifeguard or check the water conditions online.
2. Familiarize yourself with Hawaii marine laws. It's best to keep your distance while enjoying the beauty of various sea life, particularly the Hawaiian Sea Turtles. Do not touch any plants or animals while snorkeling.
3. Don't stand, walk or touch the reef or coral. Apart from damaging natural marine life, you may also encounter sea urchins that have sharp spines which could injure you if you step on them.
3. Put on reef-safe sunscreen. You can get sunburned faster when in the water. Be sure to wear reef-safe sunscreen to help preserve marine life.
4. Know your limits. Be aware of your skills and limitations and don't take unnecessary risks when snorkeling. Consult an instructor and be sure to wear the right snorkeling gear.
5. Enjoy a snorkeling tour. One of the best ways to enjoy Hawaii's spectacular undersea beauty is via our full-service snorkel tours. Our Turtle Reef Snorkel & Sail tours provides a great view of sea life at play off the Waikiki coast.
Back to the top
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- About Waikiki Beach Activities
Waikiki Beach Activities (WBA). Our name says it all. Since the late 80's WBA has grown to be one of the largest beach services in Waikiki. Our home is in the Hilton Hawaiian Village Beach Resort & Spa, the largest beach resort in the Pacific and it is truly a village on the beach that is the home of Duke Paoa Kahanamoku, the father of International Surfing and the Official Ambassador of Aloha. Our motto is Safety, Service and Sales. More...
- Book Now! - Activities Reservation
BOOK NOW! Book your activity, tour and lessons today! Reservations are secured on a first come, first serve basis. Get your request today.
- Photo Gallery & Video Gallery
View some photos of our facilities and activities.
- Beach Activity Packages
Have beach party right at the beach!
- Beach Activities, Tours, Lessons
View a list of different types of beach activities we offer.
- Beach Equipment, Beach Umbrellas & Lounges Rental
View a list of different types of beach equipment we offer
- Waikiki Beach Activities Testimonials
Here is what some of our customers have to say.